Yes, the moment we've all been waiting for: He proposed!!!!! Up logan canyon by second dam on Sunday, September 26th, 2010... exactly a year and
a month from when it all started. And everyone asks how it happened, so here it finally is!!!! Sunday night we rode his bike up the canyon and went on a walk, and he started talking about our "memory box," the box I gave him last christmas that has tiny pieces of paper inside with all our memories, old and new, inside, along with concert stubs, letters, ticket stubs, and a million other things that we've collected from the beginning. We're talking about all of our memories, like the day we met and I wrecked his car and got him punched in the face, the day he said he loved me, the day I said I loved him back, standing in the middle of four lanes on the freeway in the snow up the canyon, mexico, kentucky, minnesota, when he gave me mono, then when I gave it back, dave matthews, einsteins, everything. And as we keep talking we turn and go down by the water and I turn to see a candle shining on a big sign that says "Lyndi will you marry me?" I couldn't believe it!! we'd been planning everything for so long, but I couldn't believe it was finally happening. So I see the sign, and when I turn around he says, "Remember the day I asked you to marry me?" and gets down on one knee. He pulls the ring box out and hands me a tiny piece of paper that says "9/26/2010- The day I asked you to marry me." He keeps going and says something completely romantic with how much he loves me and wants to spend forever me, then looks at me and says, "will you marry me?" I was so excited. I started laughing and smiling and teared up and all I remember was that I just kissed him I wanted to soak up everything so it probably seemed like forever before I said "of course I will!!!!" and he took my hand and put the most beautiful perfect ring in the world on my finger and i jumped on him to kiss him some more. After that, he goes, "There's more," and takes me back up on the trail and we keep walking. I couldn't stop staring at my finger and that perfect ring!!!!! we were so happy, just laughing and bouncing off the walls and kissing and so thrilled that it finally happened and we were FINALLY engaged!!!! As we're walking on the trail, I see a ton of tiny lights shining through the dark trees, and hear him say "that's part two." We turned, and I couldn't believe it. Down the path, into the grove of trees on the shore of the lake are hundreds of tiny tealight candles lining the path, the grove, hanging in holders up in the trees, shining in holders in the water, and in the middle of it all is a table with a candlelight dinner waiting for us with champagne glasses, a wine cooler, a huge bouquet of bright pink roses, and pb&j, chocolate milk, just like our very first date down by the river. there were rose petals all the way down the path into the opening of trees, and it was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. He led me to the table, gave me the flowers, served me dinner, and an hour and a half later filled with laughing, talking, kissing, and pure excitement (and my food mostly still there, because I was too excited to eat and yours all gone because you were so nervous all day that you couldn't eat till I said yes,) we left the most perfect place ever after the most perfect proposal ever, and in my opinion, the most perfect, happy couple ever, walking back on the highway (because I was too scared to go back on the trail again), into the moonlight. finally actually FOR REAL ENGAGED!!!!!!!! (oh and side note... you said you would have done the candles and dinner first but then I would have known what was happening, so you switched it... I think it was perfect.) AND WE ARE SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!! and there ya have it! the story of how we went from boyfriend girlfriend to one freakin STOKED engaged couple. .....to be continued, we'll keep ya posted!!! <3

No comments:
Post a Comment